The Kappa Sigma Military Heroes Campaign is committed to supporting ongoing care for our military veterans and their families. We aggressively pursue opportunities to assist our nation’s veterans with financial and organizational support to help them overcome the battles they fight every day. The Military Heroes Campaign is rooted in the idea that every veteran deserves a stable life and an active community of supporters.
Every year our local Mu-Upsilon, chapter of Kappa Sigma, at the University of Northern Iowa, has put on our annual Fall Block Party. This philanthropic event is hosted at the Kappa Sigma house every year and consists of live entertainment, food, yard games, silent auctions, door prizes, sweetheart announcement/thank you and this year we have confirmed with the National Guard a military vehicle to be on display as well as their rock climbing wall. We also have many local nonprofits that support our veterans here in the Cedar Valley that will be in attendance.
With that being said we are excited to also share that we will be donating 80% of our funds raised to our national foundation the Military Heroes Campaign and the other 20% to local nonprofit veteran support organization, Americans for Independent Living, based here in the Cedar Valley, in Waterloo, IA. Our goal is to grow this event larger year after year to ensure we are raising as much as we can for our nation's veterans. Feel free to visit either of these two links below to learn more about our beneficiaries.